Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Not Surprise Party


Megan and I wanted to have a surprise party for our husbands for graduation. It turned out to be too difficult to plan it since we couldn't find time together without the guys being there as well. We decided to just make parts of it a surprise. I made a pinata that was supposed to look like a book from a class that they had together and hated - Accounting for Lawyers. I taped it a little to well and after all of the kids and men had whacks at it and it was still mostly intact we had to help open it and the candy was in pieces everywhere. It was no longer even in wrappers. Now I know I don't need so much tape next time.Nathaniel trying to crack open the book.
JD taking a whack at it.
We had a mock trial for the boys. Megan put it together and it was hilarious. JD and Nathaniel were being put on trial for "fraudulent graduation". We were called as witnesses and Karl was the prosecutor. Kevin was the judge. They were so funny. Karl even called a Lawyer that was a relative of his to get terminology and stuff to sound more official. He did such a great job. The picture above is the boys on the stand. I love the picture below. My favorite phrase from Nathaniel was "all you need to be a lawyer is a J.D. I have a JD." (He says as he points to his buddy.)
Megan on the stand. We brought in evidence and everything.
Kevin didn't want to miss out on the cake so he was multi-tasking. We had to swear on one of their law books.
Nathaniel, Reese, Spencer, Judd, and Cynthia.
Kevin, Allie, Stacy, Sarah, and Lindsay is hidden back there too. Emma and Nash and the kids in the picture. I had a babysitter for my 3 older ones so I could enjoy the trial without them running off the the toys at the park.
A must. The costco cake. Nathaniel loves them, so without it the party wouldn't have been complete.


No comments: