Sunday, May 15, 2011

Last Days in Ely

I let Kate pick out her own outfits. I think it is fun to see what she comes up with. She gets comments all of the time at the library, or the store, or play group with how great she looks. I love the attitude in the top picture. Look at how well she coordinates. It is so hilarious! Other moms might care more, I think it is fun for her to express herself.
Tanner started standing up at the beginning of April, but he didn't take many steps. Only one or two. He had really good balance though.

A nice warm day at the park. It was around 40 or so...which seemed so warm at the time.

Tanner's favorite spot in the house. It was the one cupboard I would let him have free reign in.
We frequently did story hour at the library on Tuesdays. They always had a project at the end and Ms. Hillary always asked the kids to write their names on their work. I have never really worked with Kate on her writing. One day she finished her puppet and dropped this in my lap...it looks like she figured it out on her own. I was very impressed!
Someone put up pinwheels in the shape of a star right outside the courthouse. We loved them! Whenever we went to visit Daddy at work or went to the library we had to go and see them.

I had to get one last picture with all of the bears before we donated them to DCFS. We wanted to donate them to Primary Children's Hospital, but we ran out of time. For those of you who know us, Nathaniel has purchased me a bear for almost every holiday since we have been married. It was starting to take up a little too much space and so we donated them in hopes that they would be more loved individually ;)
It snowed April 7th and 8th. It wasn't just a little snow either. It was a lot of snow. I was glad it didn't interfere with our travel plans for the next weekend to Yuma on the 15th.
Here is the beginning of the packing mess. I hate moving, but I was so excited to be moving to Yuma, it was a little easier to take this time. We found out right after coming back from Utah that he got the job in Yuma. We were thrilled!



Whenever anyone was getting shoes on or I was grabbing my purse we would find Tanner waiting here by the door. He never wanted to be left behind.
Eliza with her Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Herder. She was a great lady. She was actually the RS president in another ward.

1 comment:

The Santini Stew said...

Great to see the update! Would love to hear about the goings on in Yuma!