Monday, May 16, 2011

A Little Tired of Being Sick

Kate fell asleep more than once between the mattress and the dresser in the room we slept in. It doesn't look comfortable, but she didn't seem to mind.

The kids got pretty worn out while we stayed with Nancy. The warm weather and all of the activities just wore them out. Nathan was found asleep on the living room floor a couple of times and the toy room floor as well. Just so you know, he never has done that before. He must have been pretty wiped out.
I got sick with the flu on Tuesday the 19th before the wedding. Since then, every one of Nancy's 5 kids and all of my kids have had it. Nathaniel got hit with it while he was in Phoenix training for his new job. Nancy got sick for a couple of days as well. Eliza is the only one of my kids that only had it once. Katelyn, Tanner, and Nathan all had it on and off for a week and a half to 2 weeks each. Frequently it was 2 kids at a time. The interesting thing is that it usually hit the worst at night. Nathan has been on this pattern where he will puke one night, be fine for 2 nights, and then start puking again the 3rd night. I hope it is over soon. I am very sick of sick kids. In the 2 weeks we have lived in the apartment, I have had to do 12 sets of bedding in her washer and dryer since we don't have hook ups here. Luckily I have family in town and luckily we are friends and luckily it is warm enough that you can hang a lot of sheets out to dry to save on the electric bill. Bless you Nancy for putting up with me and all my laundry. We are hoping that Nathan is okay now because if he follows that pattern he will be back on again tonight. It has been almost 4 weeks of illness and I'm ready to be done with it.

No comments: