Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cousin Fun

You know when you are in college and you have good friends and you sit up late at night talking about when you are going to get married? You plan things like marrying brothers and living in the same town and your kids playing together and being best friends. That is actually true for Nancy and me. We were good friends in college. We were neighbors for a couple of years and we roomed together for a summer. I went with Quentin to help pick out her ring. I went with her when she was buying her wedding dress and I remember her saying, "You can borrow it when you get married!" I thought that probably wouldn't happen since I didn't know where she or I would be when I got married. So, it is really funny that I did in fact wear her wedding dress, we did marry brothers, and we now live in the same town a mile away from each other and our kids play together and are best friends. I think often about how lucky I am to have my sister-in-law be my friend first. We knew each other before I knew Nathaniel. She even tried to set us up one time when he was in town visiting, but I was busy. I guess she knew it all along. So here are a few pictures of our kids playing together...

They tied Eliza up and gagged her with the stuffed animal. Don't feel sorry for her...it was her idea. The whole damsel in distress story.
We had the cousins over one day in our apartment and I couldn't stop smiling at how fun it was to have all of these kids together. There was laughing, playing, fighting, and crying. Isn't that the way it goes with kids. It's a good thing they get over things quickly.
These last 2 pictures are just random ones of Tanner with his baby speedo swimsuit on his head that he never wears. It looked so funny on him I had to post them.

No comments: