Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Reaching New Heights...or Distances at Least

Megan and I ran a whopping 10 miles tonight!!! We averaged 10 1/2 minute miles, and quite frankly, I'm darn proud of that. Earlier this week I did 3 miles and averaged 9.2 minute miles, so I know my interval training is working. (I'm that runner out there that runs with a stop watch because I like to know how I do and try to improve something every time I run, whether it be my time or my distance.) I love the way I get goose bumps my last 1/2 mile and the adrenaline kicks in and I get this "runner's high". I never thought I would know what that felt like, but it's exhilarating!!! Megan and I always have to sprint the last tenth or two tenths of our run. It's our way of finishing the deal. I couldn't do it without her. That's for sure and for certain!
(Sorry for the horn tooting...I'm just really excited we did it!)

3 comments:

The Santini Stew said...

Yeah! We are sooo cool!!! (How's THAT for horn tootin'?)

Laurel said...

10 miles?!?@*&%$&* Wow!! You are very cool. Almost as cool as me... I drove at least 20 miles yesterday!
Seriously, though... I'm so proud of you!

Joanna said...

Yeah for you, that is awesome, you have reason to toot your horn, and a few hip hip hoorahs in addition!