Sunday, June 7, 2009

Eliza Turns 4!

Eliza received a tea set for her birthday. She was very excited about this new toy. We have had most of our snacks (if not meals, too) on the new tea set. This picture is the girls on Thursday the 4th right after opening her gift. I told her the present would be wrapped and waiting right outside her bedroom door when she woke up in the morning. I wasn't going to try to torture her (or myself) and make her wait until later on in the day. Kate woke up at 4 in the morning and was ready to see what the gift was. Luckily she went back to sleep. Nathaniel and I have our kids pick an activity that they would like to do as a family for their birthday as well as what they would like for dinner and dessert. Eliza chose swimming for her activity, but the pool changed their hours and we had to leave minutes after being there so we went to the sprinkler park instead. She also chose hot dogs and spaghetti for dinner. Weird!
The water was quite cold at the sprinkler park, so there were not many other people there. It was really nice for us. We were able to run around and play tag. Eliza and Kate loved it. I didn't think I needed to be in a swim suit, but it's a good thing I was because I ended up soaked.
Kate running through the water rings. She was a little timid at first with the water, but quickly warmed up and had a great time.
Eliza is in the pink swim suit. She ran around like crazy. She is such a fun girl. I just can't believe how grown up she is. She seems to be so much older than 4 at times, but then there are other things that make me realize she is still my little girl.
When we were getting ready to leave Eliza and Kate found their "princes" and had to spend time with them before we left. Those girls are way too into love, romance and marriage for their age. The "princes" were very cooperative! The only type that would have put up with that kind of treatment. Look at Eliza...it looks like she is going to kiss him!
Eliza requested a pink cake with pink frosting. She also told me she wanted a princess castle cake. She was very particular about having the flag on it. It didn't occur to me that we needed a flag, but she insisted. I'm not one to try to do cutsie cakes, but it was really fun. I loved the look on her face when it was done, she just lit up and said, "this is the best cake EVER!" She also said the same thing about her tea set, "this is the best tea set I ever saw!" I love it when she is dramatic when she is being positive. Kate was such a sport. She thought it was her birthday, too. She is now convinced she is 4.
Megan and JD came over and brought Eliza bubbles. Her face says it all.
Eliza is looking at Daddy as he tells her to get her "thinking finger" out and think of a wish. She was excited about this. We had recently read a book about a girl having a birthday and she was excited for the birthday wish part.
Eliza closing her eyes to blow out the candles with her "thinking finger" still in place. As you can see there is still one candle burning that she missed. Thank goodness Daddy was in range and by they time her eyes were open, she thought she got them all. Daddy saved the day!
Megan blowing bubbles with the girls. Megan said that when Kate blew the bubbles, she would go cross eyed. I tell you, that Kate is such a riot. A real character. I love it. Nathaniel and I find ourselves looking at each other and smiling or laughing at things she does all of the time. She really brightens our days.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

How fun!! I think I need a pink princess castle cake for my birthday coming up. Will you come up here and make it for me?
I can't believe she's only four. She seems so much older.

LoriAnn Grigg said...

Good job on the cake, that turned out great!I'm glad she had such a great birthday.

Joanna said...

Your such a great momma! Love the cake!