Monday, September 13, 2010

Matthew and Kamber's Wedding

Love this one of Tanner and Papa! It was a long, hot, but beautiful day!
Eliza couldn't get enough of the bride. I mean it's like a real life princess. She was gorgeous!
My handsome boys
Pretty maids all in a row
Kissing Kate
Cute place for a picture at the reception.
Daddy holding a tired Tanner
Doesn't he look like an angel? So deceiving...
Aunt Elizabeth playing with Nathan in the misters
At the reception center. It was a really beautiful place.
My girls in their matchy dresses that I made. I love how they turned out.
The handsome couple. Kamber was such a gorgeous bride. I loved how happy Matthew was. He's always happy, but there aren't words to describe him on that day. His face must have been tired at the end of the day from the smile he carried around on his face. So cute!

The girl cousins all matching. I loved having this at my wedding. All of my nieces wore matching dresses that their mothers had sewn. Nancy and I bought the fabric and a pattern months ago with Kamber...but we didn't start the dresses until the week of the wedding. Nancy made 4 dresses in the time it took me to make 2. She made her 3 girls plus one for Neve. She was so sweet. She didn't want Neve to feel left out of the girls so she made one for her too. Nancy also sewed everything first, which means she had to read the pattern and then figure it out. I looked over her shoulder and then copied her... or sat at the machine and said, "now what do I do?" So, I wouldn't say I'm a master seimstress yet, but I can copy others and follow simple instrucions. We modified the dress a bit and I absolutely love them. Nancy's girls are all in yellow and my girls and Neve are in orange accents.
My girls just love their cousins!

Matthew and Kamber were sealed in the Mesa temple on Aug. 14th at 3 p.m. It was a typical Arizona summer day...a wee bit hot. They were so cute and happy. I love to see new couples come out of the temple. We had been in Yuma for the Sorenson family reunion so we drove up from there. We went straight from the temple to the reception center for pictures and the place was very nice...therefore I was a little nervous about having my kids there. I didn't want them to touch anything. I loved watching my kids play with their cousins and would have had a great time if I was childless for the evening. It was a very romantic setting. There was a sit down dinner, music, and family. We had to leave early to get the kids home to bed and we had to speak in our ward the next day in church so we left around 8. It was a beautiful (but long) day and I am so glad we didn't miss it. My girls are so excited about having a new Aunt Kamber!

No comments: