Friday, February 17, 2012

At the End

I only have a week left until I meet my little girl so I figured I had better document a few things. I love being pregnant. I love to see the two pink lines, I love to tell the kids and see them light up, I love to feel the baby move, I even love delivering and seeing my baby for the first time. I love the ultrasound and finding out the gender of the baby and then trying to hold off getting everything ready too early. I never make it. I always have clothes washed and put in drawers prior to 30 weeks. Between my being overly prepared and excited I can't wait any longer than that. This pregnancy has been only slightly different from my others. I still enjoy all of those things. This pregnancy they found out I have placenta previa. They didn't seem too concerned because often it corrects itself and you can deliver normally. That was not the case with me. I am a worrier. I skipped a trip to visit Mom, Dad, and Grandma because I was worried about the risks. If the placenta does tear away for any reason it could cause severe bleeding/hemorrhaging. I feel very safe being 5 minutes from my hospital here and so I decided it wasn't worth the risk for her or myself. I have never been a pregnant lady that felt I needed to take it easy. I have tried with this one though to keep braxton hicks at a minimum so I don't dilate too early (the doctors say that is when the placenta will most likely tear away and bleeding will result). I have been VERY blessed that I have not had ANY bleeding as of yet. That is unusual with placenta previa. Especially since the placenta almost completely covers my cervix and I have been dilated to at least a 3 or 4 by 37-38 weeks with 3 of my previous pregnancies. I will be 37 weeks tomorrow. I know that it is due to the priesthood blessings I have received. I hope she will continue to sit high and that dilation will hold off so we can stick with the scheduled date for next Friday. I am dreading the C-section. I know that a lot of ladies have to have them, but I have always just felt sorry for them. I never thought it would be me (maybe that's the Richards' in me. Ben has a saying that I love..."It could be worse...it could be me"). I dread the recovery. My recoveries were always so great with my other babies. I feel sad I don't get to meet my baby in a more natural way. I am, however, very grateful that C-sections are an option these days. It would be a disaster without it. So while I feel a bit bummed about the inevitable surgery, I am so glad she will arrive safely. That is every mothers' ultimate concern. I just can't wait to hold her. Days go by so slowly when you are pregnant. So until then, I am trying to enjoy my other kids and savor the last weekend as a family of 6.

1 comment:

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

whoop thanks for the update :) you are SUPER close now!!! I am jealous!!! Good luck I can't wait for pictures!!!