Thursday, November 3, 2011

First Day of School

August 8, 2011. Kate is a big Kindergartener and Eliza is in 1st grade.
Now it's just me and the boys all day long. Kindergarten is all day this year. I thought I wouldn't know what to do with myself...I've figured it out alright. Don't get me wrong. I do miss them, but it is so nice to have a little time with just the boys. It makes going out so easy.

I love their faces in this one. Kate is such a riot. (She has not been quite this excited for school every day since.) Eliza is just so pretty. The girls play together at recess and run into each other at lunch and in the bathrooms sometimes. I love that they look out for each other. Eliza told me the first couple of weeks of school that she was trying to help Kate break up with some boy that was in love with her. Kate told me she wasn't going to have a boyfriend because I told her it wasn't the right choice. If only they listened this well to everything I said their teenage years would be soooo easy.

The girls' school is a half a mile away which is really nice. Nathaniel and I have eaten lunch with them a few times each and that has been really fun. I loved it when my Dad would come eat lunch with me. I still remember a few times from back in 3rd grade. He brought those pink snowball things in to me. It was very memorable. I love to see the girls' faces when I walk in. They are excited to see me, but thrilled to see Tanner and Nathan.

No comments: