Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Weekend Family Fun

On Saturday, Papa and Elizabeth took us out shooting. I didn't think it would be something we could bring the kids to, but they said otherwise so we gave it a try. It was a fun time. Nathan is such a boy and LOVED the guns. He must take after someone I know...
Katelyn was fearless and very trigger happy. Don't worry, I had a good eye on the other kids.
Eliza was a little more hesitant at first, but only at first. She too was a little trigger happy. I wish I would have had time to take a picture of Nathaniel shooting the AK 47. That was really cool. He liked that gun. Papa helped Nathan shoot that and I heard he was grinning ear to ear. Boys and their toys.

Tanner hated wearing these at first. They wouldn't stay on his head and kept making his eyes get squished. I thought he was adorable...as always.
I love that his cheeks look chubby when he wears those earmuff things.
I love this picture of both of my boys. Nathaniel had a good time. He loved being able to bring the kids. (The kids were perfectly safe by the way.) It wasn't as scary to bring them as I was anticipating. We all had a good time, except Kate who kept going back to sit in the van since it was too loud. After shooting we (myself and the two girls) went to a community activity with Nana, Papa, Aunt Elizabeth, and the cousins. The boys had to nap so Nathaniel stayed with them. There was swimming and fun stuff at the park.
Papa must have been trying to sport a new fad. I'm not familiar with this fad yet. I'm not sure it will take off with the teens. We got a good laugh about it and he didn't mind at all. He's such a good sport.
This is the giant slip-n-slide they had. The fire dept. brought out one of their fire hoses and soaked the place. The kids had a great time.

No comments: