Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Vertigo

Thursday morning I woke up to Tanner crying. I tried to get up to go and get him, but the world was spinning and wouldn't stop. I grabbed hold of the bed to try to steady myself, but it still didn't stop. It was like that the rest of the day. I had to hold perfectly still without turning my head to the left or right, up or down. I felt totally helpless. Nathaniel had already taken the day off work since we were going to go down to Yuma for the weekend, so he was there to help. Needless to say, we didn't go to Yuma that day. Nathaniel took the boys to the doctor since I had scheduled Tanner's well baby appointment. He is, by the way, 21 pounds and 30 inches. I spent the day sitting in bed and/or throwing up. For those of you who knew me when I was younger know that I was never a fan of the merry-go-round or the rides at the fair that make you spin in circles. I get sick. I'm embarrassed to say that I even threw up on the octopus ride when I was a teenager. I don't like spinning.
Friday I felt fine so Nathaniel left to go to Yuma alone for his interview with the Yuma County Prosecutor's Office. His interview went well and he stayed the night at his parents. Our day here was fine as well. I told him to just relax and enjoy himself and we would see him on Sat. sometime. (He was going to turn around right after his interview and come right back home since he was worried about me. Such a good man!) I ended up calling him at 4 in the morning and when his mom answered I just said, "I need Nathaniel to come home now."
Saturday was a repeat of Thursday. I called my friend Lori and she got my 4 kids at about 10 a.m. I started throwing up again just before then and decided I was going to need help. I also knew Nathaniel would feel bad if he came home to me trying to do everything by myself when I was sick without calling for help. Lori's husband and Curt (my neighbor) came to give me a blessing. Nathaniel got home around 1 p.m. and then he took over from there.
Sunday, Monday, and today I couldn't make any sudden moves, but other than that I am okay. Not entirely back to normal, but I can function. When I lay down to sleep I get sick again and I have to lay perfectly still on my back without moving my head to the left or right or I get dizzy again. Last night, after the chiropractor I could actually lay down and sleep without getting sick. So, I went to bed the same time as my girls because I was so wiped out. I feel pathetic. I have always thought of myself as quite durable and tough. This has made me feel fragile and ridiculous. The chiropractor said it is either vertigo or an inner ear infection. I had a really bad cold about 2 weeks ago so the ear infection does make sense. Vertigo is when the crystals in your ear are out of place and your equilibrium is then thrown off. Laurel, Marlayne and Chad get vertigo. Honestly, I'm hoping for ear infection so that it goes away and I don't have to deal with it again. I had prescribed myself some amoxicillin from Mexico and I will see if that clears it up. The chiropractor also told me to put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide into my ears to help clear up any infection that might be there. So all of you mothers take note of that. He said it will help kill virus and bacteria that infect the ear. I am just very excited to be back to normal soon...hopefully.

No comments: