Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve

We had our friends, Curt and Dottie, over for Christmas Eve. They live 4 houses down from us and have been so very kind to us right from the start. Curt helped move us in and came over to check on us everyday the first week to be sure everything was going okay. He helped us get situated and has been such a good friend. They are around Nathaniel's parents age and so my kids treat them like adopted grandparents. Kate has Curt walk her to Sunbeams every Sunday. My kids hug them every time they see them and if they don't, Curt comes to give them one. I think it is so nice to have them around. Anyway, our Christmas Eve tradition is to go to a movie and get pizza for dinner. The kids love it and it makes our day really easy and fun. Going to the movies here didn't work out, so we rented a couple of redbox movies and still got pizza. Then the kids opened one present. It is usually pajamas, but since I hadn't finished Nathan's I had them open their capes. I'm glad I did, because I don't know that they would have enjoyed them as much on Christmas morning with all of the other things they got.
I love their faces! It makes the effort so worth it (not that they were hard, but it's nice to see that you got it right).


1 comment:

LoriAnn Grigg said...

Those are awesome capes! The three look like partners in crime. Watch out Tennille. Either that or they'll be super hero's together. I'm glad you have friends like that especially when Grandma and Grandpa and Nana and Papa live far away. Every child needs that influence!