Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tea Party

Last week my sister-in-law, Nancy, had a tea party for my mother-in-law for mothers' day. I thought that was an adorable idea and decided to take off with it. I called Lori and we really got excited and started making plans. We got all dressed up and went to her house this morning to have a tea party brunch. (I am still learning ordering for pictures...therefore these are all backwards.)
Kate enjoying her donut hole. She did use her fancy party toothpick though.
The girls at their table. Lori had cute little doilies under their cups and plates. I could tell she was just as excited as I was about this event.
The little ladies at the tea party. Fancy dresses and all!
The desserts...YUM!!! The cupcakes were the biggest hit with the kids. They were chocolate and had princess sprinkles and pink frosting...need I say more?!
The whole spread. The girls were getting antsy to start and kept sneaking the little peanut butter and jelly sandwiches off of the table. They were a little excited, too.
Kate and Eliza helped me with the fruit. Kate put the grapes on and did a fantastic job. I couldn't keep up with her. I was in charge of the pineapple. I would put one on the toothpick and hand it to Eliza to add the strawberry. She would promptly eat the pineapple and put the toothpick on the table. Our system was somewhat flawed, so I ended up doing both the stawberries and the pineapple while Eliza indulged on the pineapple. That seemed to work out much better.
This is one of my favoites- Lemon Pound Cake with lemon drizzle frosting. Chelsea gave me the recipe for these and I can only make them once in a while or I gain a minimum of 5 lbs. with each batch. No self-control when it comes to these!
Mini Peanut Butter Cookies with chocolate. Eliza liked these, but liked the swirl ones best. The zig zags not as much. I didn't bother telling her that they tasted exactly the same. What's the point? The girl is all about fancy! She thought the swirl ones were fancier than the others. She sure knows what she wants.
The funniest thing happened when Nathaniel came to pick us up. the ladies were helping me pack things up and trading their items with mine so we all had a variety. Eliza saw my friends taking cookies and cake off of the trays and she kept saying, "Stop stealing our food! Mommy, they are stealing our food!" I tried explaining to her what was going on, but she took matters into her own hands and went over to the table, grabbed the tray, and brought it directly to me and said, "Here Mom, they were stealing our food!" And so comes the years of embarrassing things coming out of their little mouths...
Lori and Hallie, our hosts. I love the dress Lori has on. I wish I got a better picture of it. It is so cute!
Eliza sipping her "tea" or pink lemonade to the rest of us. She kept saying, "This is the best tea party EVER!" She is so fun to have around. She is so enthusiastic!
Kate got sick of the pictures I'm pretty sure. I did go a little nuts with the camera. It was all just so cute. She had a really good time and did the best clearing her plate. Do you see how she is almost spilling her drink? Nice!
The Sorenson ladies. Daddy had Nathan and they had guy time. It was very nice for us ladies.
My favorite part of the tea party was this little girl. Look at her! Could you get any cuter? That little bonnet made my day. I could have eaten her up with the rest of the goodies from the tea party. What a doll!!! Girls sure are fun!

2 comments:

LoriAnn Grigg said...

Looking at your photos makes me hungry again for more tea party treats. I say we do this again some time!!

Laurel said...

I'm pretty sure I need to have a tea party with my boys if we get treats like that! Actually, Chelsea was just saying we need to have a "mini" party with our boys. Then, we can have all those same treats, but we won't be damaging our boys for life ;)
I made the lemon pound cake muffins for the first time yesterday and I only have 3 left (from a double batch) YIKES!! I did share, but not enough.
Looks like SO much fun at the tea party. It might be worth having a couple more kids (girls).