Monday, May 25, 2009

Lessons Learned From My 3 Year Old

Eliza wanted to go to the library today (even though we just went on Sat.). I told her that it was closed because it was a special day today. She asked me why it was special. I told her it was Memorial Day, a day to remember people who have done something really great for us, people who have died for us. She lit up and said, "Like Jesus Christ!" I had never thought of it in that way before, but what a great day to remember Him who has given his life for us. A few minutes later she said, "And Joseph Smith?" I said, "Joseph Smith died for our Church and what he believed." I love the way little children say things that are so profound and make you realize how wise they are. It makes me wonder how many other things I could learn from my little ones...

2 comments:

Legal Eagle said...

It is because you are doing something right with those kids. Good job and keep going!

Joanna said...

Thats so sweet, you have a such a sweet little family!