Friday, March 23, 2012

Cute kids

Tanner found the white out yesterday as I was doing laundry. He must have thought it was lip gloss. He was then mad that I took a picture of him. I hope he forgives me. It was too funny to not get on camera.
After the girls got their hair done today I thought they looked especially cute with their matching shirts and headbands so I got a couple of pictures. I love how much they love each other. I also love Kate's face in the picture below and how Eliza has so many missing teeth. She has lost 8 teeth already!
Nathan wanted in on the camera action so here he is too.
I went to parent/teacher conferences this week and Kate's teacher, Mrs. Mesa, said Kate is so funny. Kate is such a character. She was really shy and quiet the first part of the year, but now her teacher said she likes to boss the boys around in class. She has also turned into a chatter box and had to turn her card from green to yellow lately. The teacher didn't seem bugged by it, rather happy that Kate has become more outgoing, comfortable, and social. I guess both of my girls take after me in the talky talky bossy pants kinda way.
Eliza's oral reading fluency is 174 now. It was 159/82, but that was a few weeks ago. The end of the year benchmark for first grade here is 50/25 so she is miles above that! She is doing so well her teacher had to brush up on some things that will help Eliza at this level. Eliza is already going to read with the 2nd graders. Her teacher said she is a fantastic reader for her age. She doesn't even turn 7 until the end of the school year. She takes after her dad in that department. I'm not the reader in the family.

No comments: