Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Katerloo Turns 4!




Katelyn almost didn't get to turn 4 this year. I told her that I didn't want to have a 4 year old that still pooped her pants. I told her I might just cancel her birthday so she would still be 3 and then when she decided to stop having accidents that we would go ahead with her birthday. I decided I couldn't really do that. I mean, I know I can't really stop her from turning 4, but she didn't have to know that. It seemed like the ONLY thing I could take from her that made a difference. Besides the fact that I can't stop time, what happened if she didn't stop for months? So, we went on to her birthday. I was thinking of waiting until the bar was over so that we had the time to actually go out as a family and do something, but there is something about having your birthday on your actual birthday. I made her a dirt cake with gummy worms. She wanted no oreos on her part. She was so cute all day with her huge smiles and reminding Daddy that it was still her birthday. We sure love her! She is so good playing on her own, building things, and she loves, loves, loves taking care of her little brothers. If Nathan drops his spoon, she loves to help him get it. When he is in time out in his room and it's time to let him out, she gets so sad if she doesn't get to let him out. (We turned his door knob around and lock him in when he is in time out.) She loves Tanner a little too much. She tries to pick him up and can't stay out of his face. She does make him laugh and tries so hard to make him happy. I love how much she loves us. What a fun girl!

Just a side note: Kate did poop in her pants on her birthday and for the next few days, but has since stopped. We'll see if it is for good this time. We can hope!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Where does the time go? Hang in there she will get it when she is ready! (and hopefully thats now right?)

The Joe said...

Sometimes I still poop my pants.