Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer is Here!

This is just one of the joys of living in the extreme heat. These nasty creatures are called Palo Verde Beetles and this is a small one. Disgusting, huh? They also have pincers on the fronts of their head and FLY! I had to catch one and freeze it to send to my nephew, Taryn. I better get aunt of the year for that one! The cell phone is only in the picture for size purposes. The other fun things here in southern Arizona are the humidity and the monsoons that bring some crazy thunder and lightning storms that I love. Humidity drives me crazy though. It makes the heat so much more unbearable. I am really excited to see the huge downpours that come with the monsoons. We have only had light rain thus far. Something to look forward to. Unfortunately, the bugs get worse during monsoon season as well...oh, joy!
(Don't worry Megan, he's not dead, just frozen forever in still life!)

1 comment:

Laurel said...

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!