Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ain't Life Grand

Tonight I sat in the hall waiting for the kids to get ready for scripture study.  We do scriptures while the 3 youngest are in bed and the 2 older girls are out in the hall with us helping to read.  I sat with my back resting up against the wall and realized how tired and exhausted I was.  I love that feeling sometimes and tonight it feels good.  I had a productive, fun day with my kids and I thoroughly enjoyed them.  I let them "help" me with all my chores so they all took longer, but I loved how proud they were of themselves.  I let Tanner and Kelsey help me rake up the yard and put the piles into the garbage, which means I had to lift her repeatedly so she could reach it (hence the reason my back is a little sore I guess).  We went to the park to enjoy this gorgeous weather and played sand monster.  They love that game, but they really only get into it if Nancy or I play it with them. Nathan rode his bike around and I am still blown away with how awesome he is at this 2 wheeler thing. I sat and thought of what a great blessing it is to be able to have my healthy body and that each member of my family is also healthy, well, and safe.  I am so grateful for that kind of exhaustion tonight.  I looked across the hall into the toy room with legos and cars scattered everywhere, and I smiled.  I don't usually smile at the sight of a messy room, but tonight I saw it a little differently.  It was messy because Tanner had played for an hour and a half all by himself this afternoon and gave me a little break.  I actually had a little snooze and he was an angel and played quietly without waking Kelsey or sneaking into the pantry. I am grateful for that.

I looked into the girls room and Daddy is laying by Kelsey and reading her a book.  He adores her.  And she adores him.  I love how they interact.  I see Eliza's Elsa cape hanging from her top bunk and I think of how much she loves to sing the Frozen songs and her excitement for the school talent show.  She has the whole thing memorized and she has had her outfit and routine all planned out for months.
Katelyn came and sat down next to me and she puts my arm around her as she snuggles into me.  I am filled with love for her as I think about how last year she was in so much pain and we didn't know why until tomorrow when we took her to the ER to find out her appendix had ruptured.  I am grateful for her strength and her recovery and again for all of our health and all that we enjoy because we have these wonderful, healthy, able bodies that we do.

I have really been loving life lately.  I really love MY life.  I am so very blessed and I know that.  We had a lesson in Relief Society recently and the teacher was talking about how many people question who they are and they take for granted what they have.  I am blessed to know who I am.  I have always had a pretty good grasp on that.  I have always known I was a daughter of God.  I also cherish being a Richards' daughter.  I love the family that I was raised in because they are the all time coolest, most amazing people I have ever met.  I am grateful for the family I married into.  They are so fantastic.  I love being related to a good friend from college.  Not everyone gets that. Hardly anyone gets that.  I love that blessing.  I love having 5 kids.  I love the ages and stages they are in.  I love the ease in which I can do the things I want to do.  The kids can do the workout videos with me rather than cry at my feet when I try to do them.  The kids can help me cook or keep me company instead of crying at my feet or needing to be held. I love the ease of biking to the park or taking the kids for a walk to Nancy's.  I love having my 2 little buddies with me while I shop.  There was a lady today that thought I was crazy for having 5 kids and I told her it is my favorite thing.  I told her I dread the day my kids grow up and I don't have this age and stage anymore.  I truly love and delight in this stage of my life.

Tomorrow we are having a party.  A "we are not in the hospital" or an "I'm so glad I don't feel like I am going to die" party.  Eliza thinks we should stuff ourselves with cake to celebrate it.  I don't think that is a bad idea. We may need caramel corn too though.

No comments: