Monday, March 28, 2011

Shushed

I remember once in college my roommate shushed me and my sister as she was watching a movie and we were laughing. I did not take it very well and it became a joke of ours that you should never shush an adult...
Today while Nathaniel was home for his lunch break I did the fit test for Insanity. He had already done the test earlier this morning. He was sitting on the couch writing my numbers done and encouraging me with, "That's a good pace" or "You got this, Babe!" or "Good form"...you get the idea. He knows that I am a words of affirmation person. He was trying to help me do the best I could on the test. Just for the record, he is the best husband in the world. I, on the other hand, was not the best wife today. As he is encouraging me, I am counting the number of suicide jumps I am doing. For some reason his encouragement was throwing me off and I was not able to concentrate and push through like I wanted to. I was getting really tired and worn out and I shushed my husband. Who does that? I immediately felt horrible. I was frustrated with the workout not him, but he took the brunt of it. So not fair. I apologized repeatedly, but I still feel horrible. I don't think he will ever try to encourage me again for fear of being shushed. I'm just glad that he is forgiving. He said it was no big deal. If he would have done that to me, I would have cried. Thank goodness he doesn't have feelings like a girl.

1 comment:

LoriAnn Grigg said...

I think we all can agree with you in saying we're glad he doesn't have feelings like a girl! =) LOL